Pork SA activities
- Providing letter of support for an employee and producer appeal to the Department of Immigration for the overseas employee to continue working in a SA piggery.
- Providing letter of support (as developed by APL) to the Department of Immigration for the development of Labour Agreements for workers from overseas to work in the Australian pork industry.
- Providing advice to the SA Water Enquiry by the Essential Services Commission SA (ESCOSA) on the cost sensitivity of water pricing for pig production.
- Training RSPCA inspectors in piggeries on practical auditing of pig welfare against the Code of Practice.
- Meeting with the Chief Veterinary Officer to review Biosecurity arrangements for the SA pig industry including how Pork SA might best assist.
- Engagement with SARDI and Southern Pork Alliance to plan SA research strategy and priorities for going forward.
- Trent Loos, US pro-farmer activists -
Trent Loos is an American ‘agvocate’ and agricultural broadcaster http://www.loostales.com/. 12.30pm, Tuesday 8th July 2014, Murray Bridge RSL & Bowling Club, 2 Ross Rd (Corner Old Princess Hwy). Please RSVP So we can save you a seat & provide you with a delicious lunch! Let Us know if you can come by Thursday 3rd July to Verity 8766 0127 or Liz 0409 919564 or email@example.com or register online at http://agvocate-‐in-‐sa.eventbrite.com.au.
- The APL Pig Farm Invasion Toolkit has been designed to protect APL members and to better prepare them to protect their farm from the impact of activist invasions. For APL members to view the document please go to https://pigpass.australianpork.com.au/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2f. Please use your APL Member or alternatively your Pigpass Portal login details to access the document within the APL Members section. You would be well advised to assume your farm could be under surveillance so you should follow the advice provided by APL.
- NLIS Business Rules for Property to Property (P2P) Pig Movements –
see attached article from Deb Kerr, APL (Deb.Kerr@australianpork.com.au 02 6270 8803) that serves to alert you that changes will be incorporated into PigPass to allow simultaneous upload of P2P movements and movements to Shows and events from 1 October 2014, and that APL will contact you over the coming months about these new requirements.
- CFS –
if you have CFS requirements placed on development of large livestock sheds please contact me; Pork SA needs to understand the implications in order to provide informed advocacy.
- Planning Review –
government is conducting a review of planning legislation and as part of that wishes to be advised of examples of delays in gaining approvals. Please contact me if you have examples you wish to disclose.