Pork SA will hold its Annual Pig Industry Day on Friday 26th February 2021 at the Barossa Weintal, 235 Murray Street, Tanunda. Due to COVID-19, the program will differ from previous years, with no trade display and no dinner. Numbers are capped at 80 and registration is essential for both the seminar program and Happy Hour (details below).
The seminar program (available here) will run from 1.30pm – 5pm, with topics including:
- Behavioural enrichment strategies – positive effects on production
- 5 Innovative solutions you can put into practice – adoptable R&D
- Husbandry update – Getting the most out of piglets born live
- Producer Learning System – including on-farm post-mortem
- Feed costs and options for 2021
- International and Domestic Financial Markets update
- APL Policy Snapshots – What it means to you as a producer
- PigPass app user report – why, how, benefits
- Sabor biosecurity investment – how industry benefits
- African Swine Fever diagnostics
- Management of shoulder ulcers in sows
- Post-Cervical Artificial Insemination – “is it for your herd?”
The seminar program will be followed by followed by a Happy Hour with drinks and finger food provided until 6pm. There is no charge for either the seminar program or happy hour.
This event is now FULLY BOOKED. Please fill in the registration details below if you wish to be added to the waiting list.
To comply with COVID-19 arrangements, registration is compulsory and needs to be done individually (not as a group). Numbers are capped at 80, so please book early.